Yes, my posting as of late has been terribly boring. Ho-hum. This post isn't gonna be much better.
- Dad. No news yet. He's still depressed as well and he and mom refuse to come for thanksgiving, even if my son brings them. Now I hear they don't even want me to send food down for them. Argh.
- Me. Shoulders. Doc was entirely too impressed with my progress. Tells me no more physical therapy, just continue exercises at home. For the rest of my life. Yup. I'm not kidding. That's exactly what he said. I've got three strikes against me – I'm female, I'm diabetic, and I've had back surgery. That, in his words, is the trifecta of reasons why I will have to continue to fight this forever. Yay me. Supposedly the pain will go away. Some day. I'm not holding my breath.
- Work. Well, because of all the rain we got I actually managed a weekend off. I barely knew how to contain myself. I did do a few things I should do… and I did do a few things I shouldn't. A nice balance.
- Harvest. Is getting there. Should get done with all our grain today, then have some harvesting left to do for landlords. Hopefully will finish before Thanksgiving. Probably won't finish field work by then, but one thing at a time.
- Turkeys. It's turkey time at work. Time to deliver to the customers who've spent the most money. It is a customer appreciation thing, but it is a pain to have to do this time of year. Oh, well…at least *I* don't have all that many to take.
- Internet. My youngest son found out we could use wireless broadband service. Anywhere. Even at our house in the country. This has turned out to be miraculous. We have broadband speed and it is HALF the price! I'm so tickled pink I can barely stand it. I can finally play WoW without lag! Whoo hoo! I mean… I can get my work done in half the time…. um…. yeah…. The neat thing is, hubs can use it at the shop or on the road (he got a laptop finally) where he only used to have dial up! He's almost as excited as I am! Kudos to the son!
- FNG. The new guy at work has about 27 strikes against him so far. There is an office pool going as to how long he's here. More on that later.
- It's cold. My car said it was 17 degrees today on the way to work. Seventeen. Brrr. Thank goodness for heated seats!
Have a good week!