The true name for this post should be "Pissed Off". A couple of things are bugging me right now and I'm here to get them off my chest… 'cause, you know, I can. (In no particular order.) I promise to stop when I run out of fingers… for now.
- Nicole had a nice rant the other day about Butterball Turkey and customer service. I am here to provide similar grumblings about the 7-up company. I am diabetic. I still like to drink pop. I drink diet pop. However, I'm a bit odd in that I appear to have some allergy or aversion to Aspertame or other 'fake' sweeteners – except Splenda. That's the only one that doesn't give me a migraine within 30 minutes of consuming it. I read labels carefully when looking at low-sugar or sugar free products to make sure they are made with Splenda. (You see where I'm going with this, I'm sure…) Over the past couple of years there has been a big increase in the number of products that are using Splenda. I was thrilled when diet 7-up switched to using it – I've always liked 7-up – and it's rather a staple. My earliest memories of upset tummies always included saltine crackers and 7-up. Also, because it is caffiene free it was a nice bubbly beverage to have at bedtime. Well… I don't know why because they won't tell me, but they have gone back to aspertame. They certainly didn't ask me first! They came out with this new advertising about how they were "all natural" and "new formula" and all that crap… and it looks to me like they sold out and went back to the old formula with new packaging. As rarely as I contact any type of customer feedback (because how many lists is that gonna get me on?) I felt obliged to let them know they screwed up. Yes, I did it properly and calmly and didn't use one profanity, although you just know I was wanting to. A couple weeks go by and I get this email response – "Thank you for your comments. We will pass it on to our marketing department." Yeah. I'll bet they'll find a cozy place for it right in their circular file.
- I've left Blogger, but they haven't left me. Why is it on some Blogger sites I have to sign in with my Blogger account. I know, I know, it's because the people who have the blog have set it up for no anonymous commenters. Still. I should be able to have a choice then between Blogger sign-in or Other. I hate to have to sign in with Blogger where, if they want to come see mine they have to click through the old site first. Shouldn't things be easy?
- How could they (AI) get rid of Melinda?
- Why can't I walk out of a bad movie? Do I really think it is going to get better? (Save your money. Don't go to Spiderman 3. Or anything with Steven Segal.)
- If you read the note on my office door it asks you to please NOT put food-type garbage (aka lunch trash) in the garbage cans within my actual desk space. Yes, I have an actual office – with a door and a window – but the door never closes and window is just a picture window into the next office that has a window into the next office which eventually you can look outside another window. However, no windows can be opened in my space so no fresh air comes into my space except through the door which is back in the corner and is not air-flow friendly. I share this space with a large, ex-college football player who is single and wears the smelliest shoes on the planet. Seriously. So… in an attempt to at least try and make my work space livable, I have requested the rotting food items be placed in the outer office where there is fresh air circulation and where the garbage can fills up quickly and is emptied quickly. Today my office stinks. Badly. Under investigation I've found a number of violations of my request. Thanks, guys.
- You are a slob. You've admitted you're a slob. So on your day off when you're bored, you couldn't maybe clean up the dirty dishes instead of baking (not-sugar-free) cookies making more? I asked if you were going to maybe do the dishes. I got a non-committal answer. Not that I'm OCD or anything, but I do like to see the countertop from time-to-time and enjoy having a clean workspace to fix supper and lunches to deliver to the field. Because I had no clue when you were getting off the phone and doing said dishes, I did them. Yes, I'm an enabler. I can live with that. BUT…then did you have to make MORE? I mean, c'mon. Really. A little help here would be nice. (I see the eye-rolling and the looking at the calendar – counting the days until you are moving out into your own place where you can make your own messes and
the maidno one will be around to clean up after you OR to whine or bitch at how long the dishes sit where they are left.)
- When I buy tobacco products for my husband, I would appreciate it if you would not look at me with that "got us another one, Mabel" trailer-trash glare. It is not for me. I will gladly tell you it's not for me, but it really isn't any of your business.
- Four weeks ago I contacted you, Mr. Internet Guy. I was excited because your company finally had service that I'd been promised they would have three years ago when we moved into our new house. After waiting about six months for your company to come through, I gave up and went with plan B. Now your company has the service. They've been advertising it and it is to be FASTER! and CHEAPER! and BETTER! (Yes, that is just the way I see those words in my mind. Shaddup.) So I call you. You tell me it is pretty new and you have to take classes on installation. Two weeks, you say. Two weeks later (for those of you playing along, that would be two weeks AGO) I call you again and you tell me you've completed part of the process but another bit needs to be done and it will be no longer than two weeks more. Do I call you? Do I wait? Is hell freezing over anytime soon? Gah.
- Last night after work I came home to water the gardens and realized I was missing two tomato plants, a green pepper plant and three flowering kale. This morning there were two more tomato plants gone and two more kale missing. a.) A deer? b.) Bunnies? C.) Crotchety old lady neighbor? This garden is two feet from my 50-lb beagle's pen. Good watch dog, is he. Guess I'm going to have to get some chickenwire to put around it. That might take care of a. or b. If it turns out to be c. I'm turning Hubs loose with the shotgun.
- …and just because I have one finger left (I'll leave it to you to decide which finger this should be…) I seem to have lost some people when I came over from Blogger. Is it that big of a problem to jump that link from the old site to this one? Isn't this one much better to read? Isn't it more user friendly? (Except for stats which poor Brad has to put back on everytime I change templates… *hint*) I realize it doesn't have quite as much "stuff" over there – I lost my moon phases (trust me, I know when there is a full moon, don't need the i-net to tell me) and the weather girl (yeah, I can figure that part out myself, too) – but really, you get way more content. Right? RIGHT? C'mon, lurkers… let's hear it from the peanut gallery!
That's it. I'm out of fingers. Won't go so far as to count the toes. Will save those for another day. Thanks for coming by… you know who you are.