Don't know about you, but all this grumping around is getting quite tiresome. So, as a result, we are going to take a moment to look at the bright side:
- The weather has been pretty good. We've been DAMN lucky with wind and hail storms having JUST missed us – I mean a mile from our fields. Is going to be a really weird fall, tho'. Hubs has already said harvest probably will be starting about a MONTH later than usual. A month. That's going to be strange. Hope winter doesn't decide to come early this year. Could royally screw things. I'm not going to think about that now, tho'… this is a positive post.
- My medication is getting better. I think. I've made some adjustments in my working habits and at the moment it appears to be helping. For some reason morning is the worst for me so I'm working in the afternoons. I am still getting nauseous after breakfast, but at least the bathroom trips have slowed down and the cramps aren't as bad. Of course, my injectible medication goes up to the regular dosage (2x what it is now) in a little over a week. Keep your fingers crossed it is a easy transition.
- I'm gradually… very gradually… getting a handle on the weeds in the garden. We've had some choice discussions, weeds and I, but I refuse to just get the Round Up out and nuke 'em. I have standards. I can do this.
- The house is still a pit, but I have a week to get it into shape before Hubs' birthday on Friday and I am swooped down apon by my children and their spouses. I must say, I am probably more excited about this than Hubs is. I am so excited to get to see my kids. It has been too long. I felt so badly for having missed game night and I really do enjoy my family and love it when we all get together. I'll put on an extra push this week to make the house presentable once again.
- The Iowa State Fair is in progress, but I just can't get excited about it this year. I love the food and watching the people, but the prices have gone up and I really, really, don't need to eat my way through the fair. Hubs will probably go down Wednesday night for the tractor pull, but I've had my share of those in the past and think I'll let this year go.
- Anyone who isn't living under a rock knows the Olympics are under way right now as well. There are some Iowa competitors and although I'm not a big Olympic watcher since Mark Spitz won a whole lotta gold in swimming (there, I'm dating myself)… I have been a bit more interested this year in all the hype they've drummed up for a local gymnast Shawn Johnson. She's a firecracker, that's for sure. Good luck to all the U.S.A. Olympiads!
So… how is your summer going?