My apology: I'm sorry I've not been answering comments, or blogging, or blog-reading lately with much regularity.
My excuse: My dog ate my… oh. Guess that one doesn't apply. How about these?…
- I finally got the internet guy to tell me that we have a broken part in our satellite dish. He said the company noticed our packet speed drop dramatically in November. (Hmmm…I'm guessing it was actually in October or September and I'm also wondering why, if they noticed, they didn't contact us? arrggh!) He told me on Monday that he'd be out "tomorrow or the next day" and wanted to be sure there was no snow on the roof (we've had highs in the mid-40's, so things have been melting like crazy.) I made him hold on while I checked and assured him there was NO snow on the roof or where he needed to put his ladder on the ground. As of last night he still hadn't come. I've sic'd Hubs on him today. I'm going to have him call and give him the "man talk" and glare at him over the phone so hopefully he'll come today. It is supposed to snow 1-3" again tomorrow.
- Because of lots of extra stuff going on I've not been at work much lately, that means I haven't had access to good internet – so that's another reason I've been behind.
- I went to the big city on Monday to have some maintence performed on my car. Afterwards, I went to my parents' house (the first time since before Thanksgiving!) and although my mother was gone to lunch with friends, I spent a good three hours of quality time with my dad. I'll post more about that later. Suffice it to say, I think we may actually have been communicating. Scary.
- I had my appointment with the neurologist yesterday. After convincing him I'd only had one neck surgery (he said it appeared from the x-rays that I'd had one from the back as well – I told him that was where the aliens must have worked on me…thankfully, he has a good sense of humor! ) First he scared the crap out of Hubs by telling us he thought he could get us in tomorrow (today) for surgery. Well, I was all for it, but Hubs wasn't prepared that quickly. Poor fella can't adapt to change quite that fast. The doc ended up having some meeting he couldn't get out of, so it wouldn't work after all. Much to my disappointment. I'm now scheduled for Monday the 21st to have the herniated disc removed and the bones fused. They tell me the neck brace can be taken off two days before my sons' wedding, and although I may have to have it put back on afterwards, at least I won't have to have pictures with it! I'll be laid up for a few weeks, but hopefully the internet will be fixed and I can have my laptop with me and will probably be a better blog-visitor than I've been lately!
- Monday was Nicole's birthday! Go wish her a belated birthday … and tell her Sue sent ya. She'll understand why you're late!
So, those are my excuses. I'm just deadlocked at the moment… in motion, but not really getting anywhere. You should see my calendar for the next month! I swear, there is so much going on it is nuts! Between appointments for fittings (who knew you had to make an appointment to get fitted for a neck brace?) and pre-op appoinment (to keep you from croaking on the operating table) to post-op appointments and wedding stuff and year-end farm tax and bank stuff… and on and on it goes… I'm exhausted just thinking about it all!