Jammie day / weekend didn't turn out exactly how I planned. My daughter pointed out that I have been so long without a jammie day I may have forgotten the rules!!
Jammie Day Rules
- Stay in jammies or comfortable clothing, preferably clothing you wouldn't be caught dead on the street in.
- Don't shower or bathe unless it is a relaxing bubble bath or sauna.
- Don't wash your hair. Combing or brushing is allowed if it makes you feel better.
- Brushing teeth is allowed, flossing is not
- Junk food aka comfort food is required (jammie day calories are always zero – the happiness cancels them out)
- Activities must be something stress-free
- You do not leave the house. The exception is if you are in your own yard. You must not leave the property, however.
What did I do? I not only showered, I actually did "stuff". I cleaned out a linen / junk closet in my bathroom. I organized my makeup drawer. I did some laundry. I cleaned a bit.
On Sunday I not even showered, but dressed and put on makeup as we met the kids at a local restaurant for lunch. I can't really even consider Sunday as being a jammie day because of that. It definately broke several rules, especially number 7.
I am so ashamed. I promise the next jammie day I get I will do better. I realize I have many blogs to catch up on. Maybe that's what I'll do next jammie day. In my bed. In my jammies. Unshowered. Catch you then.