My gosh, time is just getting away from me! Despite rumors to the contrary, I'm still around. Just been busier than, well… you fill in the blank. You've all heard the jokes. Here's a quick, or not-so-quick, update.
- First off, my eldest daughter is back to having ECT treatments. She started three weeks ago and is still undergoing them on an out-patient basis. She seems a bit muddled, but over all seems to be handling it better than last year. I'm not sure how many more they are saying she needs to have, I know they were thinking they were going to start with about 11, then gradually wean her down to where she would have one a month as a type of maintenance. I haven't heard any differently, so am thinking that's still the plan.
- My grandson, eldest daughters son, has been staying with us this week. He's 11 and going into sixth grade. He's a good kid, but I'm TIRED. Besides which, my OCS hasn't been fed this week and I'm starting to suffer for it… as is my hubs. If I don't get enough "alone" or "me" time, I tend to get a bit tense and snappish. So far, I think I've been good about not taking it out on the kid, but I get the feeling Hubs is feeling the crunch. I rather snapped at him on Tuesday night and these days it is extremely rare for us to have arguments of any kind… so, yes, I'll chalk it all up to my fault. There, I've said it. Publically and everything.
- This week has been a whirlwind of activity surrounding grandson. We went fishing Monday (hot, no bites), Tuesday we did something but I can't remember! Huh. Wednesday we went to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha (about a 3 hr drive from home) and spent the day. Yesterday we fished again and I think grandson was ticked off at me… I got 12 fish, he got one. They were little sunfish and bluegills and where we fish it is all catch-and-release, but still he was ticked. It was cloudy, breezy and perfect fishing weather. Then we went to an Iowa Cubs baseball game last night. They even won! Tonight we are going to youngest son's races and tomorrow morning he goes home. I'll probaby be recovered enough to do it all again next summer, but man, am I out of practice!
- Last Sunday was Hubs' and my 29th wedding anniversary. We were "unofficially" together for a year previously, though, so we usually count that… so, 30 years together with the same partner. I'll be honest, and he'd agree, it hasn't always been fun and sweetness and light… but we've worked at it and I think I can honestly say for both of us, we are more in love with each other than ever. Kinda nuts in this day and age of quickie divorces and instant gratification… that you really can be with the same person and after all these years not only love the person but like them and enjoy their company. I chalk it up to his great patience and tolerance of my OCS. He's good at giving me space without feeling hurt. Of cousre, space usually means being in the next room. Not like I'm in another state! LOL. Nonetheless, he's still here and so am I… the old "for better or worse, sickness or in health, richer or poorer"… still very much holds true for us. Now the obey? Hm… not so much. That's okay. He doesn't tell me what to do and I don't tell him what to do, so it is all good.
- One of these days I'll be back to catching up (again) with you all. I may even get more regular with my blogging! *gasp* Or maybe not. Guess we'll both have to wait and see, huh? Hope you are all having a good summer. If I've missed anything big, please let me know in the comments. (Amy? Babies here yet?)… Catch you all later. Thanks for coming by.